Wednesday, November 21, 2007

She could be a FARMER in those clothes

I may not like the early morning lifestyle, but I'd gladly drink like a French-speaking Belgian farmer any day of the week.

I tried the Boulevard Smokestack Series Saison last weekend, and I loved it. Saison means season, so by definition, this is a seasonal beer, supposedly brewed in the winter months for summer consumption. It is golden, and light, and juicy/citrusy, and I can't wait to spring it on my family tomorrow during Thanksgiving dinner. (My sole responsibility is to provide the bread & the booze. Rock.)


The brewers notes on the Smokestack Series site makes the necessity of writing a full review less pressing. They literally spell out the taste, feel, flavor, etc. On the other hand, they are excellent sales tools, cuz when I read 'am, I want 'em!