Friday, November 16, 2007

Am I not worthy?

I have 2 bottles of fancy schmancy Boulevard brews, from the Smokestack series, sitting in my fridge. Specifically the Long Strange Tripel and the Saison. The Tripel is a strong golden brew, with tripple amounts of malt and alcohol, while the Saison is supposed to be a more refreshing, fruity, more summer-like beer.

(I purchased one from Rimann in PV and one from Batson in Mission, and picked up a 12 pack of Bud Light for the hubby to keep the peace. ) I am all about Belgians, apparently. I can't wait to pop the cork on one tonight - I have been saving them for the weekend. It gave me something to look forward to all week. :)


But now I am starting to get nervous. (slight exaggeration,k?) There are directions on the back of the bottle that strictly instruct me to use the correct glassware to consume this fabulous beverage. I don't have the correct glasses. I don't do glassware for specific drinks. We've discussed this before here. Like when I tried the Orval Trappist beer that demanded a beer chalice. Beer chalice? Really? I mean, if you REALLY want to know, I actually DO have something resembling a beer chalice. It is made of clay, and came from the Ren Fest feast I am forced to attend every year with my family. But if I pour beer into a clay-mug-like-thing, I won't be able to admire the color. So that's not happening. Besides, these 2 beers are supposed to be poured into a Tulip glass. Nope, don't have one of those. Beer Advocate has a Beer Glassware 101 that is currently scolding me for my casual attitude toward beer chalices.