My blog traffic is back up to the levels I had in 2005. Who says blogging is dead? It is just now part of a family of things like twitter, plurk, brightkite and the ever present spaces & books. My little beer blog even appears on AllTop's site, under BEER. Which is why we got the glassware giveaway. Yay. This week I was contacted by a PR person, on behalf of the Buckbean Brewing Company, located in Reno, NV. Right now their beers are really only available in Nevada, and not even widely available at that. But they are beating their drums well, and getting good reviews, so who knows what will happen in the future. The best part is that they are going to SEND ME SOME BEER! Whee! I've been at this for 4 years now. This is my first freebie. I'm so excited.
Part of the email I received from Constance, on behalf of the brewer:
Buckbean Brewing Company
We specialize in microbrews, two in particular, The Original Orange Blossom Ale and Black Noddy Larger. Our company prides themselves in being environmentally friendly by packing the beer only in cans. Beer in cans brings a positive spin on the environment because:
- Cans aren’t packed in cardboard, so they don’t have to be rinsed of packing dust, which cuts back on water use
- Cans are lighter than bottles, so they require less fuel to ship. When bottled beer is shipped a truck cannot be completely filled because of weight issues.
- Unlike bottles, cans don’t require energy to be expended on producing and applying glue and labels.
- A case of cans uses about 70% less paper and cardboard than a case of bottles
- Cans are the most easily recyclable material
Locally, we're featured in over a hundred bars and stores, and we're quickly expanding into other regions.