Sunday, September 09, 2007

It's September - time for Oktoberfest!

I have Oktoberfest on the brain today, and came across these articles that give all kinds of detailed advice for people attending the festival in Munich.

Guide to the tents
Don't look like a tourist

It isn't really the kind of advice about where to stay or where to eat, but practical tips on navigating the beer tents and what not to do. If you're headed out there, color me jealous. Someday, my friends. Someday.

In the meantime, all I have to look forward to the local KC version. It is Sept 21-23, held in Crown Center, and it only costs a measly $5 to get in the door, listen to some oompah music, see grown men in lederhosen, and watch a few women, fresh from the local Ren Fest display their ample bosoms in corsets and peasant blouses. Although between you & me, most of those women have overly ample everything.

I haven't reviewed an Oktoberfest in a while. I think I'll have to grab a few bottles and do a little tasting party at the beer sort of house. I'm thinking that we'll need
some Augustiner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Paulaner, Spaten and the local, Bob's 47.